Tuesday 30 November 2010

30days of truth-day 9

Someone you did not want to let go, but just drifted.

There have been too many people in my life who I never wanted to let go. But for one reason or another I drifted away from, or they drifted away from me.

There are lots of reasons we let people we love and care about drift away from us and no definitive answer as to why.

Our lives are in a constant state of flux, people change, lives change, the common bond that drew you to a person may no longer be there for one or the other of you.

Time! I always think there is more time, I will ring/go see them.... later, tomorrow, definitely next week, when I am less busy, when they are less busy, when the kids go back to school, after my vacation, at Christmas, for sure to wish them Happy New Year....the list is endless and as the saying goes 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'

It's part of the human condition, we drift away from people because we are lazy and self centered and assume that the friendship or relationship will tick along as it is, was with no effort on our parts.

Do I miss some of my 'drifted' people? Yep! Will I ever let it happen again? Probably so.

No comments:

Post a Comment