Saturday 27 November 2010

30days of truth-day 7

I am falling behind on this challenge and don't want to, so without further ado here is day 7, 'Someone who has made your life worth living for '

It's a no brainer, the person who made my life worth living and continues to do so on a daily basis is my one and only son.

Indulge me and I will give you a little back story.

I was only 18 when I became pregnant and not to mince words I was verrrrrry shocked, blame this on the contraceptive pill and anti-biotics, nobody told me that one actually cancels out the other.

I remember the moment he was conceived- yeah I know it sounds strange but I really do. It was one of those morning romps (don't worry it wont get anymore graphic than that) and afterwards I remember thinking hmm what just happened there? I felt all glowy and off balance.

Fast forward three weeks and something that should have arrived didn't. Panic set in, what the heck was I going to do with a baby? I didn't like babies, I liked being with my bf and shopping for clothes and going clubbing. Two more months ticked by of denial and thoughts of oh it's not true, I am just tired/stressed/insane/not pregnant..but indeed I was.

Once the initial shock had worn off I watched in fascination as my bump grew but I felt somehow detached from it, yes! I was pregnant but it seemed to be happening to someone else. At about 7 months I had a scare and was taken into hospital, it was then I knew just how much I loved this baby and how desperate I was to meet him/her.

Finally the day came and he was born, they wiped him off and put him on my chest his eyes were wide open and looking at me. I recognised him and fell instantly in love with that tiny little person- that was my boy, my son my everything.

Every day is a blessing with my son he warms my heart with his smiles, he makes me laugh so much, it's why I get up in a morning why I go to work to give him everything I never had, my heart beats in rhythm with his.

This child changed my life, made me a better person, someone I could love unconditionally and who loved me back in return, he is an amazing boy and I love him, so thank you 'J' for choosing me to be your mum.

2 comments: