Wednesday 24 November 2010

3 years and counting.

That's Asia looking fabulous in December 2007 at PhatCats

Today 24th November 2010 is my third rez day.

I have been reflecting about my time in Second Life, no great insights or wise words I am sorry to say. So instead I am going to write a mini Asia bio.

Asia is technically my alt. My first avatar crashed into SL in July 2007. I made Asia, because at the time I was being semi hassled (babies first stalker :p) by some random bloke and I also thought I was an expert avatar maker at this point (ah the young... so confident so..... FULL OF IT) and I wanted to try to make another avi. The idea was that I would delete my first avatar and just bring Asia to SL.

I thought the name Asia Romano was just cute now I get asked, Are you Asian? nope!, Are you Italian? again nope!

This idea went the same way as most of my brilliant and cunning plans-nowhere! I periodically dusted Ms Romano off and let her out of her darkened room for a while but I remained tied into my first avatar (not telling you her name).

Close friends knew Asia was not my main girl, and had both my main and Asia in their friends list.

In September 2009 I had a parting of the ways with my then SL partner and I didn't come to SL for a while, when I returned I found I was not comfortable with my main (still not giving you a name) so I pulled Asia out again, gave her a tic bath, cut her toenails and reintroduced her to the big wide world.

As the months went by I tried a couple of times (yesterday being the last time) to bring my original girl into SL and it doesn't feel right anymore. I will never delete Ms July 2007 but at this point I can't ever see me going back to her either.

Asia is me now and long may she remain so, I like her she is a sassy girl.

A couple of lines to say Thank you to the people who have been with me for parts of my SL journey in no particular order: (real names used in some cases to protect the innocent lol)

  • Greenie (my honey bunny)
  • Spirit
  • Barney
  • Flicky
  • Liam
  • Mich
  • Dylan
  • Steve
  • Rob
  • Night
  • Lee
I feel like I am giving an acceptance speech for an Oscar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment