Saturday 5 February 2011

Window Dressing

As you may or may not know I am an avid profile reader. Some people make their profile window a pure work of art with symbols and hearts and all manner of twiddly fancy ASCII art.

In the last couple of days I have been IM'd by a couple of different fellas who's profiles are like works of art every symbol that can possibly be imported into SL is there,outpourings of love for their SO, poems, lyrics, YouTube links, you name it and they have it.

The ironic thing is both of these budding profile Picasso's have hit on me with the finesse of a steam roller on steroids. When I enquired about their profile sweeties I saw no outpourings of  love entwined with hearts or flowers

One fella told me that his GF was 'cool' with him having other women in SL and another said oh it's not a real partnership we are just friends..hmm OK!..of course I totally believed both of them :-/

Which brings me to my observation, is some of this stuff  purely for show? to show the world? their partner? themselves? how loved up or taken they are?

I am beginning to think more and more that it's sometimes just window dressing.

Do we need the validation of seeing how much another person wants to write about us in their profiles?

I hope some of those artistically decorated profiles are genuine..but I am seriously beginning to have my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment