Monday 28 February 2011

For Wren

I heard the sad news today that someone I had met in SL had died suddenly.

I didn't know this person very well but she was a fun and happy person to be around.

I wanted to write something in memory of her and to send my deepest sympathy to her partner and her family.

This is part of the poem from Four Weddings and a Funeral, it is sad beautiful and very poignant.


 She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
 
The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
W.H. Auden



God bless Wren

1 comment: